Forecasts for the southwest interior of British Columbia


* NOTE: Corrected and/or amended bulletins are listed first *

 
FPCN13 CWVR 232300
Forecasts for the southwest interior of British Columbia issued by
Environment Canada at 4.00 pm pdt Thursday 23 March 2017 for tonight
Friday and Friday night.
The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5.00 am Friday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
MAJOR REFERENCE ELEVATIONS:
\  OKANAGAN AND KAMLOOPS LAKES:          340 METRES.
\  COQUIHALLA - HOPE TO MERRITT:        1230 METRES.
\  COQUIHALLA - MERRITT TO KAMLOOPS:    1440 METRES.
\  CONNECTOR - PENNASK SUMMIT:          1728 METRES.
\  ALLISON PASS:                        1340 METRES.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

North Okanagan - including Vernon
Central Okanagan - including Kelowna.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers overnight. Snow
 level 800 metres. Wind becoming south 20 km/h near midnight. Low
 plus 3.
Friday..Periods of rain. Snow level 800 metres rising to 1200 metres
 in the afternoon. Wind south 20 km/h. High 8.
Friday night..Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers in the
 evening. Snow level 1200 metres. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light
 near midnight. Low plus 3.

South Okanagan - including Penticton.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers overnight. Snow
 level 1000 metres. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 50. Low plus 4.
Friday..Periods of rain ending in the afternoon then cloudy with
 40 percent chance of showers. Snow level 1200 metres. Wind south
 20 km/h gusting to 50. High 9.
Friday night..Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers in the
 evening. Snow level 1300 metres. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 50
 becoming light near midnight. Low plus 4.

Similkameen.
Tonight..Cloudy. 40 percent chance of rain showers late this evening
 then 40 percent chance of flurries overnight. Snow level 1600 metres
 lowering to valley bottom near midnight. Low minus 1.
Friday..Periods of snow changing to periods of rain in the morning
 and ending in the afternoon then cloudy with 40 percent chance of
 rain showers. Snowfall amount 2 cm. Snow level rising to 1200 metres
 near noon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 7.
Friday night..Mainly cloudy. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light
 late in the evening. Low minus 2.

Fraser Canyon.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers late this
 evening. Periods of rain beginning near midnight. Snow level
 lowering to 600 metres near midnight. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to
 50 becoming light early this evening. Low plus 4.
Friday..Periods of rain. Snow level 600 metres rising to 1200 metres
 in the afternoon. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the
 morning. High 10.
Friday night..Mainly cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Snow
 level 1200 metres. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light
 near midnight. Low plus 5.

Nicola.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers late this
 evening and after midnight then 70 percent chance of showers
 overnight. Snow level near valley bottom. Low plus 3.
Friday..Cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers changing to 30 percent
 chance of showers near noon. Snow level rising to 1200 metres in the
 afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 9.
Friday night..Mainly cloudy. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light
 near midnight. Low plus 3.

South Thompson.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers overnight. Snow
 level 1400 metres lowering to 800 metres after midnight. Wind east
 20 km/h. Low plus 4.
Friday..Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Snow level 800
 metres rising to 1200 metres in the afternoon. Wind east 20 km/h.
 High 10.
Friday night..Mainly cloudy. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light before
 morning. Low plus 5.

Shuswap.
Tonight..Mainly cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers overnight. Low
 plus 3.
Friday..Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. High 6.
Friday night..Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers in the
 evening. Low plus 3.

End
$$$$^^

What we are doing

Date modified: